Poets House Showcase
“The only event of its kind, the annual Poets House Showcase is a free exhibit featuring all of the new poetry books and poetry-related texts published in the United States in a single year (volumes by individual authors, anthologies, chapbooks, biographies, critical studies, essay collections, CDs, DVDs, etc.) from over 650 commercial, university and independent presses. The Poets House Showcase is a diverse and inclusive exhibition in which books from micro-presses receive the same care and attention as major publishers.”
“Opening on Thursday, June 26, 2014, this year’s Showcase will be on view through Saturday, August 16. More than 2,900 titles were in the 2013 exhibition.” (From Poets House website)
Our press has these titles in this years Showcase.
Poetic Matrix Press
○ Block, Raphael, Spangling Darkness, 2014.
○ *Choi, Yearn Hong, I am Homeland: Twelve Korean-American Poets, 2013. Anthology (Korean).
○ Gayton, Tomas, Sojourn on the Bohemian Highway, 2013.
○ Hashmi, Shadab Zeest, Kohl and Chalk, 2013.
○ Lifshin, Lyn, Malala, 2014.
○ *Milosch, Joseph, Landscape of a Woman and a Hummingbird, 2014.
○ Shuck, Kim, Rabbit Stories, 2013.
Poetic Matrix Press has a total of 35 titles in the permanent collection of Poets House Library of 60,000 volumes.
We have had books in every Showcase since 2005. If you are in New York between the Showcase dates stop by, view the Showcase, and say hello from Poetic Matrix Press.